Sunday, December 1, 2013

Super Energy Balls

Posted by Spoon #3 

 
 Hi!  I am spoon #3, and today made Super Energy Balls with my mom.  I wanted to make these because I like to eat cookie dough.  We have made chocolate no bake cookies before, and I loved them.  I wanted to change them a bit and make them peanut butter, and make them a little bit better.  We followed the recipe, but we realized that there were too many Cheerios, so we changed the recipe below for you so it would work out right.

I don't like touching or measuring peanut butter.  It gets really messy.  A lot.  Really a lot.  
So my mom showed me a cool trick.  Instead of making a mess, I put a plastic sandwich baggie inside the measuring cup.  Then we sprayed it with cooking spray.
When you do this, the peanut butter just falls out.  Cool, eh?

Yeah.
Nice picture, huh.  My mom is good with a camera. :)

 Add all the ingredients and give it a good stir. 
Pay attention: it is hard to stir and can make a mess. I got cheerios everywhere.  We found them days later under the blender.  Don't give up.
 Finally, you form them into balls with your hands.  It gets messy, but it is worth it. 
One tip: do not put too much dry ingredients in.  If you do, add more peanut butter.

Yum.  All my brothers and sisters loved them.  We ate them after school for snacks.


Super Energy Balls
------------------------------------------
12 servings
serving size: 2 balls
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup Cheeios
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup oat bran
Mix the peanut butter, honey, and nonfat dry milk powder together in a ball.  Stir until well combined.

Add in the remaining ingredients.  Mix until it forms an even mixture.  Form the dough into balls.  You can roll in flaked coconut, but I didn't because I don't like coconut.  Keep these chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment